analytics

Monday, December 1, 2008

PD...EARLY SIGNS

EARLY SIGNS :

My wife and I were talking about all the experiences you have all revealed, and after all these years we found that I had early signs no one thought much about. I was diagnosed officially in 2000, I had signs of tremors and frozen feet in 1998(that I was aware of) and friends always asked, why is Howard limping ? Twenty -five or so years ago my wife says that I had a night twitch and I remember having inner vibrations that I couldn't control. I suppose it would be so wise to check all these seemingly innocent situations...but we fall into the trap of thinking (or not) that it is nothing, just a passing annoyance. In talking with others I come away with the feeling that when doctors are faced with questions relating to innocent signs, they do not give enough thought as to why,what are the possibilities here, let's keep a close eye on this. If one could only be more aware of their own body and functions, then one could help themselves and their doctors to monitor and diagnose at a much earlier stage of any malfunction or disease.If this was so, maybe the researchers would be a little closer to why and/or what can we do to prevent the subsequent onset----one never knows----do one?

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

We had a long thread on our blog about this very topic of early undiagnosed symptoms that might have been early signs of PD.

I've added your blog to my sidebar of PD blogs.